Local 1 has a number of scholarships available for our members’ children. Scholarships are available to all High School Seniors:
SEIU Local 1 Scholarship – click Here to download the application or call 312-233-8756 to get application mailed to you. April 6th deadline.
SEIU Local 1 will award the following scholarships:
1. 15 – $2,000 scholarships
2. 1 – Local 1 Future Leader Scholarship award of $10,000
A complete application for a SEIU Local 1 Scholarship should consist of the following components:
- The application portion filled out by the applicant
- A copy of the applicant’s official transcript
- A Counselor Evaluation to be filled out by a counselor or teacher- click Here to download the Counselor Evaluation.
- Please attach a Letter of Personal Reference to this Application written for you by a teacher or other person in your life reflecting on your character and ability on a personal level.
- If specifically applying for the SEIU Local 1 Future Leader Scholarship, the applicant must write an essay of at least 600 words outlining their achievements in their community, their beliefs and why they believe that they are a future leader.