One of Local 1’s guiding principles is to give back to our communities.
In that stead, every year Local 1 awards scholarships to eligible high school seniors attending a 2- or 4-year college.
Scholarships are available to all high school seniors whose parent or guardian is a Local 1 member in good standing.
Applications are now closed.
Your counselor must also submit a separate Counselor Evaluation (link below) for your application to be considered complete.
Winners will be notified by May 15, 2019.
The following Local 1 scholarships will be awarded in 2019:
- Local 1 Scholarship (15 available): $2,000
- Local 1 Future Leader Scholarship (1 available): $10,000
A valid application for Local 1 scholarships will consist of:
- Completed student application (submitted by the student) with all requested information included
- If Applying for the Local 1 Future Leader Scholarship: a 600-word essay
- Completed counselor evaluation (submitted by your counselor) with all requested information included including official transcript
Scholarships are taxable over $600 and require a completed W-9 form.
To apply online, click here:
To apply by mail, download paper versions here:
SEIU Local 1
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
111 E Wacker Dr, Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60601
Additional Scholarship Opportunities:
- Chicago Federation of Labor
- You may only apply to one either the Academic Competition or Random Drawing not both
- Union Plus
Earn a college degree for free:
- Learn more about SEIU Member Benefits