The real estate crisis is now over for Chicago’s wealthy building owners, which puts us on a great path to winning better wages and securing our benefits—as long as we hit the streets. Here’s how you can help:
- Text CONTRACT to 787-753 for updates from the campaign!
- Local 1 Health Fund: Members covered by the Local 1 Health Fund have two options – Plan A or Plan B. Plan A is HMO coverage and Plan B is PPO coverage. The Local 1 insurance will now be administered by Wilson-McShane (630-288-6868)
- General Questions:(630) 288-6868
- Claims Questions: (630) 288-6868
- Pre-Authorization Number: (800) 845-7348
- Local 1 Pension – ABOMA (Apartments/Condos)
The Local 1 Pension Fund covers members who work under the ABOMA agreement in Apartments and Condos throughout Chicagoland. It also covers members at other worksites. Local 1 members must work for five years before they are vested in the pension plan. For more information about the Local 1 Pension Fund, call the following number: (630) 288-6868
- Health Fund: ABOMA Door staff will move to Local 1 insurance plan effective 1/1/17. Meetings regarding the changes will take place at the training fund in October, DATES TBD.
- 401k: ABOMA Door staff that contribute to the 401 k – the 401 k will be administered by Merrill Lynch
- Website: benefits.ml.com
- Phone: 1-800-229-9040
Independent Door staff:
- Local 25 Health Fund: 312-233-8888
- Doorman Pension – NIPF
The National Industry Pension Fund (NIPF) covers members working in Residential Apartments and Condos. Local 1 members must work for five years before they are vested in the pension plan. For more information about NIPF, call the following number: 1-800-458-1010